Homemade Tortilla Chips

I can not even tell you how good these are! I seriously can not buy them in a store any more. Make them for your next family taco night or with my Mexican Hot Dogs, it makes the whole meal seem more authentic & they only take about 3 minutes to cook!
Ingredients:
Corn Tortilla Shells (6")
Oil (Canola, Vegetable, Peanut, what ever you prefer to fry with)

Directions:
Heat oil to 350 degrees. I use a deep fryer but if you don't have one then use a heavy bottomed pot, filled with about an 1" of oil. For the batch pictured above, I think I used 12 tortillas total. I cut them in quarters. When the oil heats up, fry them in batches. You don't want to over crowd your pot. They take about a minute on each side. I suggest using tongs or a spider to flip them. They will continue to brown more after they are out of the oil so I would err on the side of under cooked verses over. No one likes a burned chip! Drain the chips on a paper towel liked plate or platter. Sprinkle with salt as soon as they come out of the oil! Serve them with salsa or just eat them plain, they are THAT good! Enjoy!
Side Note: There is so much you can do with these. Switch up the seasonings to match what you are making. You could sprinkle them with Old Bay for a 'seafood' flavor. Or make a sweet version by sprinkling then with cinnamon & sugar! YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment