Gnocchi with Fresh Spinach & Parmesan Cream Sauce

This is like combining gnocchi with creamed spinach & then adding extra Parmesan!  It is so good, I ate it left over for 2 straight days- and I don't usually like left overs! 
 Ingredients:
1 lb Gnocchi
1 1/2 tbsp Butter
1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
2-3 Garlic Cloves, minced
10 oz Fresh Spinach
1/2 c Heavy Cream
1 c Parmesan Cheese, shredded
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
Melt butter with olive oil over medium heat in a chefs pan.  (I used a 10" pan.)  Add the garlic & cook 1 minute. 
 Add all the spinach to the pan (it will be over flowing).
 Toss the spinach in the garlicky butter & olive oil until it is wilted. 
 Add in the cream & stir to combine.  I added more like 3/4 cup of cream, I wasn't sure how much I would need.  I think that 1/2 cup would have been plenty. 
 Grate the Parmesan Cheese.  I put about 3/4 cup in the sauce & then used more for topping. 
 Cook the creamy spinach for 10-15 min, letting the sauce thicken.  Mean while, cook the gnocchi according to the package's directions.  Just before the gnocchi is done cooking, add the Parmesan into the creamy spinach & reduce the heat to low (or you can turn it off).  Stir to combine. 
 When the gnocchi is done, drain it with a spider & add to the creamy spinach.  (You're should look less saucy than mine, if you only use a 1/2 cup of cream.)
 Serve immediately, topped with more Parmesan of course! 
This paired perfectly with my Grilled Chicken Breasts with Balsamic Glaze!
This recipe make 4 side servings.

7 comments:

  1. That looks delicious, I'm always looking for new sauces with gnocchi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious and easy to make. Restaurant quality.
    I added chili peppers to spice it up a little. Was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just made this for dinner...and surprise my 1 and 3 year old loved it. Had to use a heavy cream substitute that i dound here

    http://frugalliving.about.com/od/makeyourowningredients/r/Heavy_Cream_Sub.htm


    But overall it was great....

    ReplyDelete