Stuffed Pizza Rolls

 These are scrumdillyumptious!!  I'm not even sure if that is a real word, but in our house it means very tasty!  I am so glad I ran across the recipe on this blog, Our Best Bites.  They were so easy to make, I used Pillsbury Refrigerated Pizza Dough but homemade dough would be great too!  I stuffed mine with Pepperoni & Mozzarella because that's my 4 year old's favorite pizza.  But you could do any of your favorite pizza combinations- ham & pineapple, pepperoni & sausage, spinach & olives, the possibilities are endless!!  These were so good, we almost made them twice in one weekend.  So be forewarned...you will be seeing these again! 
 Ingredients:
for the rolls
Pizza Dough (store bought or homemade)
Pepperoni
6 Mozzarella String Cheese Sticks
4 tbsp Butter
2-3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped

for the dipping sauce
1- 8oz can Tomato Sauce
1 tsp dried Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees (or according to the dough's package directions).  Roll out the pizza dough, making a 12" X 18" (approximately) rectangle.  Using a pizza cutting wheel, cut 24 squares.  As you  can tell from my picture below, the squares do not have to be exactly the same size. 
 I used sandwich pepperoni from the deli, so I had to quarter my slices to fit in the squares. Lay a slice (I used 2 quarters) of pepperoni on each square.
 Then top with cheese.   I also quartered the string cheese sticks.  We thought that ended up being the perfect amount of cheese per roll.
 This was a family affair at my house!
 Spray the bottom of a casserole dish with non stick spray.  I used a 9" X 9" square dish but a pie plate would work well too. 
 Pull the 4 corners of each square together to seal & place the rolls, seam side down, in the dish.   
 In a small skillet, melt the butter over low heat.
 Add the minced garlic & cook for 1-2 minutes.
 Then add in the chopped parsley & turn off the heat.
 Brush the garlic butter on the top of the rolls, coating well.  (I also sprinkled a little Parmesan Cheese on the top!)
 Bake at 400 degrees (or according to package directions) for 10-15 minutes, until golden.  Just keep an eye on them since all dough cooks differently. 
While your rolls are in the oven, you can make the dipping sauce.  In a small sauce pan, heat the tomato sauce with the dried Italian Seasoning & Garlic Powder over low/ medium heat, stirring occasionally. 
Serve warm with sauce on the side.  Yum!

3 comments:

  1. mmm.... so yummy! I think I'm gonna make some for dinner.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. your pizza pockets look so great, love that garlicky butter on top.
    it's so great that your daughter is helping from such a young age, she's going to be a great chef later in life.
    hope you all have a great evening

    ReplyDelete