Roasted Tomatoes with Bread Crumbs & Parmesan Cheese

 This is one of my personal favorites.  Especially later in the summer when there are tons & tons of ripe fresh tomatoes to use.  You can use large slicing tomatoes or Roma tomatoes, just pick up any ripe slicing tomato at the Farmers Market or grocery store that you like.  I found this recipe about a year ago and have made it over & over.  I even took pictures to share with you...but that was probably almost a year ago.  And I have no idea what I did with those pics.  So I'll share the pics from the site that I originally found the recipe, Circle B Kitchen.  As usual, mine wouldn't have turned out as beautifully as these anyway.  It sure is a good thing that I can cook because I am definitely not a photographer.  Anyways- my recipe is a little different but the method is same.  And really, this is one of those things that you don't even need a recipe for.  There is no need to measure any of it out.  Just eye ball it, mix it all up, top some sliced tomatoes & bake.  Easy peasy!  It makes for a great side dish but I love then on top of my Spaghetti with Garlic.  Yummmm.  Seriously one of my all time favorite meals! 

Ingredients:
**  See Note Below
1 1/2 lbs Ripe Slicing Tomatoes
1 cup Plain Panko Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
2 tsp Dried Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Granulated Garlic
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Olive Oil, to drizzle

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice the tomatoes about 1/4 of an inch thick & lay flat on a sheet pan. (I use a foil lined sheet pan for easy clean up!)
Mix together the Panko, Parmesan, Italian Seasoning, Granulated Garlic, Salt & Pepper.  Evenly top the sliced tomatoes with the bread crumb topping mixture.
Drizzle the topped tomatoes with a little olive oil & bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are nice & golden brown.
* Note: Honestly, I do not measure here. I use about a teaspoon of Panko Bread Crumbs per tomato slice, then add half as much Parmesan Cheese as I did of the Panko.  (If I have 6 slices of tomatoes then I'd use 6 heaping teaspoons of Panko & 3 heaping teaspoons of Parmesan.)  Then I add in the dried Italian season, garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste.  You can adjust the amounts according the size of tomatoes that you use. 
 
I usually serve these on top of my Spaghetti with Garlic
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment