Basic Roasted Red Potatoes

I love potatoes & this is one of my favorite ways to eat them. You can switch them up, tying them into other dishes by adding herbs, like rosemary, thyme, or garlic! Ingredients:
2 lbs Red Potatoes
2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the potatoes, if they are small potatoes you can just cut then in half, quarter the larger ones. You want all the pieces to be about the same size, so they cook evenly. I like to use red potatoes, I think they are creamier than white potatoes. I love the contrast of the crispy outside with the creamy inside. But you can certainly make these with other potatoes too. Place all the sliced potatoes on a sheet pan & drizzle the olive oil over. Toss with your hands to make sure all the potatoes get coated. Sprinkle salt & pepper over top.
Bake at 400 degrees, turning with a spatula every 15-20, for an hour. I know this seems tedious, but it's necessary for even crispy potatoes!
I just did basic potatoes this evening because I was cooking Sauteed Chicken with Dijon Cream & my husband loves to dip his potatoes in the delicious sauce! I did add fresh parsley at the end to serve though. I make these instead of hashbrowns when we make breakfast for dinner too. But my favorite is with garlic. I add minced garlic cloves about half way through roasting. (It would burn if you roasted it for the whole hour.) The garlic roasts with the potatoes & gets crispy. It's SO good!

3 comments:

  1. soooo pretty,perfectly browned

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine never looks like this, you have the nack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! The secret is flipping them every 15-20 minutes!

    ReplyDelete