Tomato & Avocado Salad


My mom recently introduced me to this salad & I am so glad that she did!  I have to admit, I haven't always been a fan of avocados.  In fact, I'm not sure that I'd define myself as a fan of avocados now but I am a fan of this dish!  In fact, it's a new favorite- I just can't get enough of it!  It's deliciously light & colorful.  It's quick & easy, perfect for any backyard cookout or picnic.  Prepare it just before serving, as an appetizer with homemade tortilla chips or as a simple side.
Ingredients:
2 ripe Avocados
1 pint Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
1/2 Red Onion
1 Garlic Clove
1-2 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 of a Lemon
Salt & Pepper, to taste

Directions:
Finely chop the red onion & add to a medium sized bowl.  (You could also use shallots.)  Mince the garlic & add to the bowl.  Then half the tomatoes & add to the bowl. 
Cut the avocados in half & remove the pits.  Scoop each half out of the shell & dice.  Add the diced avocado to the bowl.  Squeeze the lemon half over top to release it's juices.  (This will help keep the avocados bright green as well as taste good!)
Drizzle with olive oil & season with salt & pepper.  Gently toss, being careful not to mush up the avocado.  Serve immediately or refrigerate, if not serving right away.
This recipe makes 4 side servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment