Everyday Pancakes


My daughter LOVES pancakes!  So of course, I love to make them for her!  This is a great basic recipe-  it's made with simple pantry items.  I call them everyday pancakes because they are so easy, you could make them every day.  And, because I found it years ago in an issue of Everyday Food
Ingredients:
1 cup All Purpose Flour
2 tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Milk
1 egg
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil or Melted Butter
1/4-1/2 tsp Butter

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.  In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. 
 In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, & 2 tbsp of oil (or melted butter). 
 Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients & whisk just until combined.  It should be lumpy, don't over mix it!
 In a large, non stick skillet add a pad of butter (about 1/4-1/2 tsp).  Melt over medium heat.
 Swirl the melted butter around the pan to evenly coat the bottom.
 For each pancake, spoon about 1/4 cup of batter into the hot skillet. 
 Cook until the surface of the pancake has bubbles & few start to burst. 
 For me, this was about 2 minutes.
 Carefully flip & cook 1-2 minutes.
 Transfer to an oven safe dish and place in the oven to keep warm .  (I don't always use the oven.  Unless I'm cooking a large batch, the pancakes cook so fast, that just stacking them on top of each other as I cook them keeps them all warm.) 
 Continue cooking the rest of the pancakes.
 Serve with a little butter & warm Maple Syrup. 
This makes about 10, medium sized, pancakes.  I usually double the recipe so we have some left over.  My family of 3 can easily demolish 10 of these pancakes in one sitting.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment