Brown Sugar & Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin

This is a recipe that I found via Pinterest (one of my many obsessions).  It looked so yummy that even though I am not much of a pork eater, I had to try it.  I am so glad I did!  It was fabulous!  I honestly don't think I've ever cooked anything pork, other than bacon.  And possibly a ham?!?  But even that, I'm not a hug fan of.  My husband makes the BEST Smoked Pork BBQ (NC Style of course) but that's the extent my culinary experiences with pork...until now.  This recipe just might make me a pork convert.  C + C Marriage Factory is the site that I found this recipe & consequently these pictures that summoned me to try it.  I've seen it all over the web, with lots of people using pork loin roasts too.  I have only tried it with a tenderloin so far though.  This is really so yummy & such an easy recipe, you've got to give it a try!
Ingredients:
1, 2 lb Pork Tenderloin
1 tsp Ground Sage
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 clove Garlic, crushed
1/2 cup Water
 
For the Glaze:
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 tbsp Cornstarch
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 cup Water
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
 
Directions:
Trim the silver skin & extra fat off the pork.  Combine sage, salt, pepper and garlic in a small bowl.  Then rub over the roast. Place it in slow cooker with 1/2 cup water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 1 hour before roast is done, combine ingredients for the glaze in small sauce pan.  Cook over medium heat, stirring until mixture thickens. Brush roast with the glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour of cooking. Serve with remaining glaze on the side.
**  Note:  Just before I brushed the roast with the glaze, I drained the excess liquid from the slow cooker.  If you don't have a lot of liquid, don't worry about doing that. 


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment